By PWE_BranFlakes @ November 19, 2012 at 1:00pm
Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack
With the incorporation of Fleet Holdings, we offered players exciting new incentives to create and improve their own Fleets. This Duty Officer pack is designed to expand on that, by synergizing with the new Fleet Holdings and encouraging team gameplay.
Each pack is structured similarly to the Reinforcement Duty Officer pack. When you open the pack, you’ll be rewarded with one blue quality or better Duty Officer, two green quality or better Duty Officers, and four white quality or better Duty Officers. In addition, each pack comes with an added bonus reward!
Most of these bonus rewards are the same options that were available as in the Reinforcements pack, but we removed one of the less desirable prizes – Gamma Quadrant Consumables – and replaced them with some new possible options.
In addition to any Duty Officers you receive, you also will get one (1) of the following special bonus prizes:
- A stack of Gamma Quadrant Commodities
- An Alien Artifact (available in both "Powered" and "Unpowered" versions)
- A random Mark XII Very Rare Console
- A stack of Embassy Provisions (to help contribute to their new Embassy Holding)
- A box containing 5 Gamma Quadrant Commodities or 5 Embassy Provisions, and a powerful Tier 4 or Tier 5 Operational asset.
- or the grand prize… a set of four (4) Fleet Modules (used for purchasing powerful Fleet Starships)
We’re also excited to announce that we’ve added one new species and one new specialization in this pack. This pack includes the Bynar species – available to both Federation and Klingon players – a species first introduced in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode “11001001”. Bynar come with a powerful combination of traits that emphasize their brilliant intellect and unique cooperative style.
The new specialization we’re introducing in this pack is Consultants. Consultants are special Duty Officers that increase the rate at which your Captain earns Skill Points, Expertise, or Commendation Experience.
Most Duty Officers in the pack belong to existing specializations, but the pack introduces a broad variety of new Active Duty Powers. All of the new powers are listed below:
- Damage Control Engineer (Space): Chance for Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity Field to proc a hull Heal Over Time.
- Fabrication Engineer (Space): Decreases the cooldown of space Operational Assets.
- Hazard Systems (Space): Adds a chance for your Aceton Beam to diminish enemy power levels.
- Matter-Antimatter (Space): Your Emergency Power to Shields ability grants a temporary bonus to crowd control resistance.
- Maintenance (Space): Emergency Power to Auxiliary increases your Shield Emitters and Hull Repair skills for 30 seconds.
- Quartermaster (Space): Decreases the cooldown of batteries.
- Sensors (Space): Increases the amount of damage you can deal to a target after jamming their sensors without breaking the jamming.
- Systems Engineer (Space): Viral Matrix has a chance to spread to other nearby enemies.
- Projectile Officer (Space): Decreases the cooldown of mines.
- Astrometrics (Space): When you find a rare particle trace, you have a chance to gain an additional rare particle trace.
- Photonic Studies (Space): Chance for Photonic Shockwave to trigger Photonic Aftershocks on affected targets.
- Quartermaster (Ground): Provides a discount to purchasing Ground Operational Assets.
- Quartermaster (Ground): Provides a discount to purchasing Space Operational Assets.
- Armory Officer (Ground): Decreases the cooldown of ground Operational Assets.
- Shield Distribution Officer (Ground): Draw Fire has a chance to cause a weapons malfunction on attacking enemies.
- Biochemist (Ground): Decreased cooldown on hypos, shield charges, and power cells.
- Assault Squad Officer (Ground): Chance to cause a Hold on the target when you use Lunge.
- Consultant (Ground): Increases your Expertise gain.
- Consultant (Ground): Increases your CXP gain.
- Consultant (Ground): Increases your Skill Point gain.
As you can see, some of the new Active Duty roster powers are designed to synergize with your Fleet Holdings – like decreasing the cooldown of Operational Assets – but others are designed to be useful to any player. This pack will be useful to a broad variety of players and help make Fleet Holdings even more exciting.
We sincerely hope you enjoy this pack as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you. It will be available in the C-Store starting this Wednesday for 275 ZEN per pack. We’ll see you in-game!
Andrew "ArchonCryptic" Rowe
Star Trek Online