By PWE_BranFlakes @ April 12, 2013 at 1:00pm
Nukara Strikeforce Reputation
Nukara Prime is as inhospitable as a war zone could possibly be. Between the toxic and irradiated environment and the ever present threat of the Tholian Assembly, only the boldest dare step foot on this Y class “Demon” world. That’s where the Nukara Strikeforce comes in. This organization fights the Tholian threat on Nukara Prime and anywhere else they appear. As one could imagine, they have their hands full and welcome assistance from both the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Defense Force. Those daring enough to lend a hand will be greatly rewarded for their efforts.
The Nukara Strikeforce Reputation will be introduced with the launch of the Legacy of Romulus expansion this May. Players will be able to aid the Nukara Strikeforce by completing missions that help eliminate the Tholian threat. These missions and events will take place both on and off Nukara Prime and completion of them will reward players with Nukara Marks. While the list of content that will award Nukara Marks has yet to be finalized, chances are if it’s intended for level 50 players and it involves Tholians, players will be able to earn Nukara Marks. Players can spend their earned marks to complete reputation projects that will allow them to progress through the Nukara Strikeforce Reputation and earn powerful new gear and powers.
Like the New Romulus and Omega Task Force Reputations, players who progress through the Nukara Strikeforce Reputation will be rewarded with new passive power options (and one new active power) and a wide variety of both starship and ground equipment options. By completing a wide variety of projects, players can earn:
- Two new ground equipment sets
- Two new space equipment sets
- A suite of Antiproton “Anti-Tholian” ground weapons
- A suite of special “Refracting” Tetryon space weapons
- New combat pets
- A vanity pet
- Very Rare EV Suits
- Rare, Very Rare and Ultra Rare Tholian Widow hangar pets that can be used by any starship with a carrier slot
- New captain powers, including a devastating Tetryon area-of-effect starship attack!
- And more!
In addition to all of this, players will be able to run special one-time projects that reward them for hard work already performed on Nukara Prime. The first set of projects allow players to exchange pieces of the levelless Tholian ground set, earned from Tholian Equipment Requisition boxes, for 50 Nukara Marks per piece. The second set of projects allow players to “register” their Mk XII Lobi Store upgraded Tholian ground set pieces. By doing so, they’ll receive 50 Nukara Marks per piece and get the ground gear back.
The rewards on Nukara Prime are also getting an overhaul. Some rewards will be removed and others will be replaced. Below is a list of the changes happening on Nukara Prime:
- Missions on Nukara Prime will no longer reward Tholian Equipment Requisition reward packs. Instead, these Missions will award Nukara Marks.
- The levelless version of the Tholian Ground set will no longer be available; however, players with existing pieces of this set can exchange each piece once for 50 Nukara Marks.
- The Anti-Proton weapons that dropped from these reward packs will be made available via Store Unlock projects in the Nukara Strikeforce Reputation. These weapons will be available in Very Rare Mk XI and Mk XII variants.
- The Environmental Suits that dropped from the Tholian Requisition packs will be made available via Store Unlock projects in the Nukara Strikeforce Reputation. The EV Suits will be available in Very Rare Mk XI and Mk XII variants.
- All of the above items are bind on acquire.
- The Lobi Store reward “Tholian Ground Set – Crystalline Nanofiber Augmentations” will no longer be available. This upgrade pack would convert the levelless Tholian Ground set into a Mk XII version.
- Players who purchased this upgrade pack can “register” each piece for 50 Nukara Marks and will also receive the item back.
- The above upgraded Mk XII Tholian Ground set that was previously only available in the Lobi store is now available as a high tier reward project in the Nukara Strikeforce Reputation.
The Nukara Strikeforce Reputation introduces a slew of new exciting rewards for both space and ground combat that weren’t previously available and will be released with the launch of the Legacy of Romulus expansion. We cannot wait for you to be able check it out this May. See you in-game!
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
Star Trek Online