By PWE_BranFlakes @ June 26, 2013 at 8:00am
Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack
With the launch of Legacy of Romulus, Romulan and Reman captains have poured forth from the Tau Dewa Sector Block and are working to revive their society. The Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack is designed to bring familiar Tau Dewa species to the Duty Officer system, allowing captains to staff their ships with hardy Romulans, Remans, Suliban, Acamarians, and some rare Liberated Borg.
Each pack is structured similarly to the Fleet Support Duty Officer pack (which will be discontinued with the release of this new pack). When you open the pack, you’ll be rewarded with one (1) blue quality or better Duty Officer, two (2) green quality or better Duty Officers, and four (4) white quality or better Duty Officers. In addition, each pack comes with an added bonus reward!
Most of these bonus rewards are the same options that were available as in the Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack, but this time we’ve included another freighter-type ship – a Suliban Cell Ship! We’ve also added a chance to get Dilithium Mine provisions to the bonus rewards, allowing you to help your fleet complete Dilithium Mine Outpost projects. Finally, we’ve created a new type of Duty Officer reward – a special type of reassignment mission that can only be acquired from the Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack.
The Romulan Republic Reassignment Contact is a new, unique type of reward that allows you to complete a reassignment Duty Officer mission that’s notably different from the standard reassignment missions available from faction academies. This mission requires only three Duty Officers as an input, and costs no Dilithium. On a standard success, it provides you with a green or better Duty Officer, while a Critical Success yields a blue or better Duty Officer. Additionally, using green-quality Duty Officers as inputs increases your chance to crit the assignment, allowing you to cycle out officers whose active roster powers you don’t want for new, potentially higher-quality officers from the Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack.
When opening a Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack, in addition to any Duty Officers you receive, you also will get one (1) of the following special bonus prizes:
- A stack of Gamma Quadrant Commodities
- An Alien Artifact (available in both "Powered" and "Unpowered" versions)
- A random Mark XII Very Rare Console
- A stack of Embassy Provisions
- A stack of Dilithium Mine Provisions
- A Romulan Republic Reassignment Contact (A mission that allows you to exchange three white or green officers for one green or better duty officer from the new pack)
- Or the grand prize… a Suliban Cell Ship!
The species included in this pack provide unique combinations of traits which emphasize their canonical characteristics. This pack includes 17 new active-roster powers, with many powers enhancing abilities that previously did not have any Duty Officer powers to interact with:
- Systems Engineer (Space): Chance to add power to all systems when activating Engineering Team.
- Research Lab Scientist (Space): Chance to lower the cooldown on all Shield Heal powers by 15 seconds when activating Science Team.
- Conn Officer (Space): Chance to increase Perception and Accuracy when activating Tactical Team.
- Energy Weapons Officer (Space): Chance for Beam Overload to cause your attacks to ignore a portion of shields for several seconds.
- Astrometric Scientist (Space): Increases the duration of the defense buff given by Mask Energy Signature.
- Fabrication Engineer (Space): Increases the duration of Reverse Shield Polarity.
- Matter/Antimatter Specialist (Space): Your Auxiliary Power to the Inertial Dampeners now also increases your Energy Resistance Rating and is increased in duration.
- Development Lab Scientist (Space): Each reflected hit of Feedback Pulse has a chance to lower the attacker’s resistance ratings to all damage.
- Biochemist (Ground): Your Nanite Health Monitor has a chance to have a number of additional charges.
- Armory Officer (Ground): When using Stealth Module, increases the duration of the Stealth Ambush damage bonus effect.
- Explosives Expert (Ground): Adds a chance for Disable Weapons to your Chroniton Mine Barrier.
- Quartermaster (Ground): Your deployed Cover Shield gives bonus Resistance Rating to nearby allies.
- Biochemist (Ground): Your Sonic Pulse now additionally roots all targets hit for a short duration.
- Security Officer (Ground): Increases the bonus damage of Ambush by 100%, but all bonus damage from this ability is now dealt as Damage over Time.
- Diagnostic Engineer (Ground): Your Weapons Malfunction has a chance to chain to nearby targets.
- Damage Control Engineer (Ground): Your Quick Fix now adds additional bonus Resistance Rating to its target.
- Assault Squad Officer (Ground): Your Sweeping Strikes now have a chance to cause an Electrical Damage over Time effect to your target.
- Hazard System Officer (Ground): Your Fuse Armor has a chance to deal double damage.
Many of the new Active Duty roster powers are designed to create new uses for powers which previously had somewhat limited utility – making Cover Shield a group defensive buff, for instance, or turning Ambush from a burst DPS cooldown into a sustained DPS cooldown. Other powers simply add fire-and-forget buffs to existing powers, providing additional utility to all the “Team” powers in space for instance. Whatever your playstyle, this pack has something for you!
NOTE: All factions can open a Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack and use the Suliban Cell Ship if won.
Suliban Cell Ship
The grand prize in the Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack is the Suliban Cell Ship. Suliban Cell Ships have been broadly used by the Suliban Cabal since the 22nd Century. As a species without a planet, the Suliban would connect hundreds of these vessels into helixes that served as space stations, but could easily be broken apart to be moved to another area. After their involvement in the Temporal Cold War, the remaining Suliban negotiated peaceful trade relationships with several species. As such, many Cell Ships have been repurposed into trade vessels and upgraded with Transwarp technology for that purpose.
The Suliban Cell Ship interior has a number of amenities including a Duty Officer Reassignment contact and a Suliban Survivor contact, which are not standard on most starships. Both you and your allies that you invite aboard can access the Duty Officer reassignment contact and the Suliban Survivor. The Suliban Survivor can give you access to special Duty Officer assignments.
Also assigned to the Suliban Cell Ship interior is a Quartermaster, which sells commodities at a discounted rate. A similar discount applies when you make any Energy Credit purchase while the cell ship is your active ship (for instance, from Sector Space Freighter Stores). The interior also includes access to the Bank, Exchange and Mail, all of which are accessible to you and any allies aboard.
Finally, the Suliban Cell Ship comes with a Transwarp Drive that will allow you to access the furthest corners of the quadrant. The Transwarp Drive will allow you to instantly access most Exploration Clusters. Note, like many older Transwarp drives, the Suliban Cell Ship's Transwarp has a small chance to fail.
Suliban Cell Ships are not designed as combat vessels. They come with minimal armaments designed only to ward off pirates and other would-be threats.
Note: You can switch to your Suliban Cell Ship from any ship interior. Once you're done using it, switch back to any ship from the Suliban Cell Ship interior.
- Hull Strength: 10,000
- Shield Modifier: 1
- Crew: 50
- Weapons: 2 Fore, 1 Aft
- Device Slots: 5
- Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Universal
- Console Modifications: 2 Science, 1Engineering
- Base Turn Rate: 16 degrees per second
- Impulse Modifier: 0.17
- +5 Power to Engines
- Cloaking Device
- Onboard access to the Bank, Exchange, Mail and Crafting
- Duty Officer Reassignment contact
- Suliban Survivor contact
- Quartermaster Commodity Broker
- Energy Credit Discount
- S.C.S. Registry Name Prefix Option
- Unique interior
NOTE: The above stats are subject to change. The box in which the ship comes is not bound and can be traded or sold. Once unpacked, this ship cannot be reclaimed if dismissed.
We sincerely hope you enjoy this pack as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you. It will be available in the C-Store starting this Thursday. Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you around the galaxy!
Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton
Star Trek Online
- – - – -
Click here to learn more about Legacy of Romulus, our free-to-play expansion for Star Trek Online. Advance your journey of rebuilding the Romulan legacy with a Legacy Pack purchase! Click on the logo below to learn more about it.
Want more game details, screens, and videos? Like Star Trek Online on Facebook for more exclusive content and follow us on Twitter – tweet us your questions! And, subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest Star Trek Online videos.
- – - – -