By admin @ September 1, 2011 at 1:55pm
The Borg are increasing their attacks in Federation and Klingon space and we need you to stop them! Team up with fellow Fed or Klingon players, or work cooperatively with the opposing faction as you push back Borg Deep Space Incursions.
Borg Red Alerts are Fleet Action-type events signaled by distress calls sent out to players of both factions in Sector Space. These events are repeatable and cycle randomly through the different sectors. Players must work together to intercept and destroy the Borg Fleet.
Here are some more details about this latest addition to Star Trek Online:
- Borg Red Alerts appear randomly in different sectors about once every hour.
- Click the Red Alert button to be transported to the nearest Red Alert Zone.
- Captains of any level (post-Tutorial) can participate in Borg Red Alerts!
- Borg intercepts will generally scale to the appropriate strength and threat level, while some sectors are reserved for challenges more befitting Admirals.
- Work with fellow Federation and Klingon players on 5-member teams, or go “cross-faction” and take on the Borg Fleet with players of the opposing faction.
- Your team will have 15 minutes to defeat the powerful Borg Fleet. If you succeed and defeat a set number of Borg in the allotted time, an even more challenging Borg Boss will appear!
- Red Alert Zones offer special Accolades and increased XP and players can receive one free XP boost each day to assist you in pushing back the Borg Invasion!
Heed the call and play Borg Red Alerts today!