By admin @ December 8, 2011 at 1:13pm
Winter Holiday Gifts
One of the signature features of the holiday season is the chance to give gifts to your friends – and to open a few of them yourself! Participating in Q’s games will put you on his “nice” list and give you the opportunity to claim some gifts of your own.
Q’s games will frequently award a Green Holiday Gift, but if you’re lucky you might get the more valuable Blue Holiday Gift. The rare Red Holiday Gift is at the top of the pile, and is highly desirable!
Red Holiday Gifts hold all manner of mysterious goodies – many of them hold a Blue Holiday Gift inside, but some will have rare gifts. Red Holiday Gifts have a chance to award you with a C-Store item or even a bonus item that is no longer available or can’t be claimed any other way. You won’t know what’s inside until you open it!
- Many of the Red Holiday Gifts will have a Blue Holiday Gift inside of them, which you can give to a friend or open up to get a nice item and some Holiday Collectibles.
- An uncommon quantity will contain a 1-Hour Skill Point Boost good for one hour.
- A small number will have a C-Store pet, such as a Horta, Gekli, Exocomp (for Federation characters) or Targ (for Klingon characters).
- A few rare gifts will have a Holographic Tribble, which both Federation and Klingon officers can use. The Holographic Tribble creates temporary holographic duplicates of itself when petted, so that everyone on your team can gain a tribble bonus.
- Some very rare gifts will have a mobile emitter for a Holographic Science Officer, an 8-hour skill point boost, or a booster pack of Duty Officers.
- And if you’ve really earned Q’s favor, you have a chance to win a special new starship – one of the Captured Jem’Hadar Attack Ship that Starfleet and the Klingon Defense Force have been finding scattered across the quadrant. This attack ship is a fully-functional unique escort vessel that can be commanded by an admiral. Only a few will be found, and there is no other way to acquire them. Thus, you’ll never see more than a few of these ships in sector space, and having one is a special experience that not all admirals will experience.
If you’re not lucky enough to score a Red Holiday Gift from Q, you will be able to purchase them in the C-Store under the name “Winter Package” as long as the event is running. When Q shuts down his wonderland on Jan 2, this item will also disappear from the C-Store.
If you’re a long-time player who earned some special Holiday Gift Receipts, you can turn these in for Red Holiday Gifts as well. It’s the perfect chance to win something from the C-Store without any Cryptic Points cost to you!
Every day that you participate in the Q’s Winter Wonderland events, you have a chance to earn a Red Holiday Gift, which means a chance to win one of the many rewards. So put on the scarf that you earned with the Holiday Collectibles and brave that snowy gale – as the 22nd Rule of Acquisition states, “A wise man can hear profit in the wind.”
Before you head out to Q’s Winter Wonderland, make sure to take a look at the FAQ thread about the event here.
Star Trek Online