By PWE_BranFlakes @ November 12, 2013 at 10:00am
Our latest content update, Season 8: The Sphere, is now live on Holodeck! Read on for a look at what you can experience in this update, as well as watch our brand-new trailer. Also, you can check out the full Release Notes here.
Season 8: The Sphere is now available! In this update, players will travel through an Iconian gateway to the Solanae Dyson Sphere, a mysterious construction on the edge of the Delta Quadrant that is the prize in a struggle for control between Joint Alliance Command and the Voth.
In addition, an updated Federation tutorial will give Starfleet captains a new introduction into Star Trek Online, and the Dyson Joint Command Reputation track offers all new rewards and gear for captains who join the fight against the Voth.
Solanae Dyson Sphere Adventure Zone
A new kind of adventure zone, the Solanae Dyson Sphere Adventure Zone is a large area where you can explore freely, meet other players and find missions and tasks — all while exploring the space inside a distant Dyson sphere.
- Level 50 characters can report to Joint Dyson Command for orders.
- In the Allied Zone, Joint Command operations hold sway and the allies conduct scientific and military missions.
- In the Contested Zone, the allies and the Voth battle to hold towers that control parts of the sphere's energy network.
- Missions are based on what the alliance needs to control and understand the sphere.
- Find unusual features and study them to earn exploration accolades or unlock short missions.
- Complete Rare and Very Rare Duty Officer assignments to learn the story of the sphere, its builders and their mysterious disappearance.
- Rewards include Dyson Marks and Commendations used with the Dyson Joint Command reputation.
Dyson Joint Command Reputation System
Advance your captain's career by building reputation with the Joint Alliance Command. This new system opens up new rewards and gear for your max-level character — including new captain abilities!
You can access the Reputation system via the "Reputation" tab on your Status window.
- Personal advancement system for Level 50 characters.
- Fight against the Voth to earn resources needed to increase Reputations and unlock reward tiers.
- Select new captain abilities as you unlock reward tiers.
- Spend Expertise and Resources to acquire special gear sets.
- New Sponsorship projects at Tier 5 make leveling alt reputations easier!
- Quality of life improvements are based on player feedback.
Solanae Dyson Sphere Battlezone
Join the fight in the battlezone, a contested persistent ground zone where the Voth are fighting a combined Starfleet, KDF and Romulan Republic force for control.
- Players must be level 50 to access this zone.
- Up to 20 players can battle in the zone together, and each can bring two bridge officers.
- Teamed captains will retain their bridge officers.
- Take and hold 18 of 21 Voth-controlled points in the Park, the City and the Outskirts.
- Earn Command Credits to call in reinforcements.
- Earn Dyson Sphere Marks and Dilithium for fighting the Voth!
New Queued Events
Team up to take control of the Solanae Dyson Sphere!
- A team of 5 captains will stop the Voth from taking control of a spire in "Assaulting the Spire," a new space queued event.
- Attack a mighty Voth Fortress in "The Breach," a 5-player space queued event.
Spire Outpost Fleet Holding
Our fourth fleet holding is a Spire inside the Solanae Dyson Sphere.
- Control and explore a structure built by an ancient alien species.
- Two environments: system space and the spire interior.
- Advance through a main track and two sub-tracks.
- Unlock new fleet ships, transwarps, high-end gear, duty officers and more!
Revamped Federation Tutorial
- A fully-voiced and remade Federation tutorial gives Starfleet captains a new start in the game.
- Begin your career at Starfleet Academy.
- Improved mission flow and instruction enhance the starting experience.
- – - – -
Click here to learn more about Legacy of Romulus, our free-to-play expansion for Star Trek Online. Advance your journey of rebuilding the Romulan legacy with a Legacy Pack purchase! Click on the logo below to learn more about it.
Want more game details, screens, and videos? Like Star Trek Online on Facebook for more exclusive content and follow us on Twitter – tweet us your questions! And, subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest Star Trek Online videos.
- – - – -