By admin @ March 8, 2012 at 3:05pm
Dev Blog: Rewards from “The 2800″
The first run of “The 2800″ is almost over – be sure to play it before it ends or you’ll miss out on a great reward!
Each Feature Episode Series has a special, limited-time reward. Available only during the “first run” of a series or during special replay events, these items are a way for us to thank our players for taking part in these events.
In our previous series, players have been able to earn:
- The Breen: Unique Breen Bridge Officer
- The Devidians: Ophidian Cane
- Cloaked Intentions: Unique Reman Bridge Officer
Now, for the finale of “The 2800,” we have a new limited-time reward: the Shard of Possibilities. A gift from the Prophets for your role in defending Bajor, this item gives a character the ability to summon two “Quantum Shadows” to assist you in battle. The arrival of these duplicates will confuse most foes, making you briefly untargetable. After they fight by your side for a short time, the shadows will return to their own realities.
However, the Shard of Possibilities will only be available until March 22nd, and can only be claimed by a character that has completed “The 2800.” Deep Space Nine is still in peril. It’s up to you to save it!
Speaking of rewards for our Feature Series, here are a few things you might not know about the many rewards available from “The 2800.”
- The Nanoenergy Cells from “Second Wave” can be used to enhance Jem’Hadar Beam Pistols and Jem’Hadar Assault Rifles, giving each shot a chance at a secondary effect. If you replay “Second Wave,” you can choose either a pack of Nanoenergy Cells or the recipes to craft Nanoenergy Cells for yourself.
- There is a set of Jem’Hadar ground gear available – the “Armored Shroud” set. (Jem’Hadar Assault Rifle, Jem’Hadar Armor and Jem’Hadar Personal Shield) Equipping multiple pieces from this set gives you an additional passive bonus, but only if the items are of the same level – no mixing Mk VI and Mk VIII gear! A pack Portable Shroud Generators is also available from “Of Bajor”.
- There is a set of Jem’Hadar space gear, too. (Jem’Hadar Deflector Dish, Jem’Hadar Combat Impulse Engine and Jem’Hadar Resilient Shield) Use all three pieces of the set on your ship, and you’ll gain access to the “Antiproton Sweep” ability. (Try equipping the Jem’Hadar space set on a Jem’Hadar Attack Ship or Cardassian Galor Class Cruiser for an extra bonus!) Along with the space gear mentioned, you can also pick up Polaron Beam Arrays for your shuttle, and Phased Polaron Beam Arrays and Phased Polaron Dual Cannons for your ship.
- The “Duty Officer Requisition – Dominion Cadre” comes with three Duty Officers. One of them is a Very Rare Vorta Biochemist. Having this officer in your roster gives you the ability to produce Ketracel White in your ship’s replicator. Ketracel White is poisonous to most humanoids, but can be used to increase the hit points and damage of the Tactical Jem’Hadar Bridge Officer
from “Facility 4028″ or fed to a tribble to create a Gamma Quadrant Tribble
that will give you bonus damage against Dominion opponents and a bump to your Stealth and Perception abilities.
And did you know that the Episode rewards in Star Trek Online scale depending on your rank? For example, if a Lieutenant 10 plays through “Operation Gamma,” he or she can earn a Mk II Jem’Hadar Combat Impulse Engine. Replay that Episode as a Captain 38 and one of the rewards available is a Mk VIII Jem’Hadar Combat Impulse Engine.
Replaying Episodes is a great way to get some top-quality items for your ship and crew. And if you can’t choose between two great rewards? Replay the Episode and get them both!
Note: Highlight your mouse over the items above to see item descriptions and tooltips. These may reflect differently in-game based on what level or class your character is, and what level the individual item is.