By PWE_BranFlakes @ February 25, 2013 at 11:00am
We want to thank everyone who came out to our first roundtable. We had an awesome turnout with many different fleets and role-players throwing in their thoughts and ideas. Click here for a summary of what we discussed.
With the success of the roundtable event, you might be looking to participate in a role-playing fleet or fleet division. You might even be thinking about starting your own! All groups need rules, so we’ve put together a list of issues that any RP group should consider addressing in their code of conduct.
- Establishing Fleet recruiting policies
- Creating procedures for suggesting improvements
- Setting requirements to maintain membership
- Marking paths to promotion within the Fleet
- Establishing guidelines on appropriate use of Fleet channels
- Policies on dealing with inappropriate character interactions (i.e. “god-modding”)
- Designating Fleet personnel to respond to concerns and complaints
- Communicating a policy on Fleet contributions and Fleet bank use
- Establishing Fleet uniforms
- Defining acceptable communication etiquette
- Keep these general suggestions in mind while you search for your next RP group or try to start your own!
We will be hosting another in-game role-play roundtable discussion with Community Manager BranFlakes for the community this Saturday, March 2nd – all are encouraged to attend. There will be 2 roundtable timeslots: one at 11am PST (8pm CET), and another at 5pm PST (8pm EST). We will be having the meeting at Hathon, Bajor, and will be providing more instructions in its zone chat around the start of each timeslot.
We hope to see the great turnout to return with more ideas!